Network Administrator Level III
The Network Engineer III is responsible for managing all levels of Networking and Network Hardware within the hosting operations environments. This includes implementation of monitoring and reporting, deploying and refining configurations on all networking hardware, troubleshooting network issues and working with clients and partners on networking issues. In a secondary role, the Network Engineer will be expected to provide support extending beyond networking on our Linux and/or Windows system platform.
- Required: B.S. degree in a technical discipline or related field or equivalent experience
- Required: At least 6-10 years in a Network Administration role
- Required: Experience with virtualized networking
- Required: Must be able to support off-hours on-call·
- Network Management – Be the subject matter expert on the network and traffic management technologies in supporting our Hosted and Corporate IT Platforms, including Cisco, Fortinet, A10, VMWare, Juniper and more.
- Platform Support and Issue Resolution – Participate in the daily management of all hardware and network platforms within the IMS Hosted Environment.
- Management of all network devices and create documented methodologies
- Daily monitoring and alert responses
- Tuning performance of the network and firewall and create documented methodologies
- Maintain security of the network, both on the perimeter and internally, and create documented methodologies
- Acute and Recurring issue investigation and resolution
- Log and Performance trend analysis, including netflow
- Development and Tuning of network monitoring and create documented methodologies
- Root cause analysis of problems
- Participation in 24x7 On-Call rotation to support resolution of acute issues
- Internal Support – Provide support for all interactions on the networking and firewall layer of IMS systems and support of all business platforms. This will include support outside of business hours for deployment activities
- Deployment of configuration changes
- Support of all networking on client and server OS platforms (Linux, Windows, OSX)
- Work closely with Application Management to ensure your familiarity with our applications and their network requirements
- Train System Administrators on basic tasks on key network systems
- Work closely with System Administrators to understand key tasks and issues to support them on the Hosted Platform as needed
- Participate in personal technical training to ensure technical knowledge is kept current
- Assist with implementation of the Change Management process
- Work closely with Process Engineering to ensure smooth operation of all deployment platforms
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities, but may serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.