Required Skills / Qualifications:
• U.S. citizenship
• DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain DHS HQ Final Suitability
• BS or equivalent + 9 yrs related experience, or MS + 7 yrs related experience
• Degree in computer engineering, computer science, or information systems field of study
• BS or equivalent + 14 yrs related experience, or MS + 12 yrs related experience
• Experience in network/telecommunications concepts, hardware, computer languages, operating systems, database and/or middleware.
• Experience with IDENT or USVISIT
• Experience supporting DHS OBIM
• Proficiency with MS Visio
Softworld is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to support the program's Engineering & Design Team.
The primary responsibility of the Network Engineer is to lead the way in architecture, design and
implementation of new solutions for the Enterprise IDENT environment. This role will be responsible for
architecture and design of both the production and non-production environment. This role will also be
responsible for managing small to medium sized engineering efforts to ensure successful completion.
Other specific responsibilities include but are limited to:
• Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications
• Participates in analysis, design and construction of next generation IT systems
• Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations
• Provides support in the translation of business requirements into network requirements, designs and orders
• Provides in-depth engineering analysis of network alternatives in support of client's strategic modernization
efforts and network enhancement design for medium and large-scale network infrastructures.