Dayton, OH | Contract
Support deployment and sustainment of network boundary equipment and provide systems engineering support for a DOD program office.
- Technical documentation review, technical and operational networking support, and review of contractor and vendor documentation.
- Work as part of a team or independently to solve problems.
- Troubleshoot network issues, provide subject matter expertise on TCP/IP routing and subnetting of local and wide area networks, MPLS, IPsec, VPNs.
- Perform functional analysis, detailed network trade studies, requirements specification and allocation and interface definition studies to translate operational requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Apply industry best practices in IT Security, Systems Engineering, and Integration and Testing.
- Work with system integrators on Use Case development and execution, PIRs and CIRs, and contractor technical product reviews.
- Ensure that all system functional requirements are successfully acquired, validated, and tested.
- Provide support for generation, review, approval, and implementation of change modification proposals using the Remedy system for accuracy, completeness, and remediation.
- Provide detailed knowledge of systems engineering in support of IT system definition, integration, and testing.
- 7+ years of network engineering with Cisco, Juniper, or Palo Alto routing and switching experience
- TCP/IP routing and subnetting of local and wide area networks, MPLS, IPsec, and VPNs.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting firewalls
- (Red Hat preferred) Linux OR Windows server experience
- Architect OR design experience
- CISSP is a bonus
- Team player
- Hands on
- Troubleshoot network issues
- Cloud experience or DoD's version of Cloud on Gateway
- Active Secret Clearance