The Network Engineer is responsible for the design and development and implementation of data, voice, and/or video communications networks as part of a Core Engineering Team. Install, configure and maintain crypto devices
- Responsible for the network design and determining the level of effort associated with the development of data, voice, and/or video, and/or communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Documents solutions in Engineering Installation Plans (EIPs) and other various documents.
- Submits proposed designs to Engineering Review Board and responds to questions.
- Schedules authorized outages to implement proposed solutions.
- May work odd hours to minimize customer impact.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- Basic Network Architecture
- Linux OS (RHEL)
- Cisco IOS X (router configuration editing, loading)
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office
Not required, but a huge plus:
- DC power equipment (Power supplies, Multimeter)
- Optical test equipment (Power Meter, Attenuators)
- Linux scripting