Boston , MA
Oracle DBA (contract to hire after 4 months)
US Citizens and GC holders only. Must be able to obtain a public trust.
The Database Administrator must be able to interface directly with customers, support project engagements, work collaboratively with other team members and groups within the Cloud Services business unit, and be a trusted advisor and consultant to the customer. The Database Administrator tasks on any task - big or small - to efficiently and effectively get the job done and support customer service and delivery missions.
Hands on experience with following tasks on Oracle and SQL Server databases for OLTP and Datawarehouse applications:
- Configuring operating system and storage to install Oracle (with Real Application Cluster) and SQL Server.
- Installation and configuration of database software (Real Application Cluster for Oracle is a must).
- Upgrade large databases to higher version.
- Develop scripts and processes to migrate data from one platform to another platform.
- Develop scripts and processes to validate data quality for upgrade and migration tasks.
- Fine tune operating system and database for performance and scalability.
- Setup replication features for backup and high availability and redundancy.
- Setup proactive monitoring of system availability, capacity and security.
- Develop backup and recovery procedures and audit tracking procedures.
- Automate routine maintenance, monitoring and deployment procedures.
- Develop security and access management procedure.
- Support apps teams with SQL tuning, indexing, partitioning approach to achieve read/write efficiency.
Tools and Technologies:
- Oracle 11/12 and above
- SQL Server 2012 and above
- Oracle Data Guard
- Oracle Golden Gate
- SQL Server Agent Service for log shipping
- Databases on AWS/RDS and VMWare/Linux environment
- Automation scripting experience with shell, PowerShell, etc.