Location: On-Site in Aberdeen, MD
***Active SECRET Clearance required***
***Must be willing to obtain a Security+ certification within 30 days of starting***
The primary job responsibility for this position is to provide PHP programming and functionality for a variety of internet applications related to the Department of Defense community. Candidates will be challenged on a daily basis to solve problems and implement solutions in a timely fashion while working on various government efforts.
Tasks performed will include but not limited to:
• Member of the milSuite Product Team to support a suite of Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and Government off-the-shelf (GOTS) based applications, e.g. WordPress, MediaWiki, LimeSurvey and proprietary applications
• Performs software product design, development, testing, planning, monitoring and maintenance of applications using existing web development skills and experience
Minimum knowledge, skill and abilities:
• Five or more years of experience developing software and a minimum of one year in both PHP and MySQL
• In-depth understanding of source code and release management best practices (i.e. CVS, SVN, Maven, Ant, GIT)
• Working team member at all levels and departments and shows an ability to partner and work in a fast-paced, agile team environment
Additional knowledge, skills and abilities:
Java programming languages are not required but are highly encouraged. Should have OO design concepts in Java, and solid experience knowledge on common web application frameworks. (Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JDO/JPA, Axis, Web Services, XML Parsers, JSP/Servlets, JNDI, etc.)
Experience with PHP Frameworks (Symfony) and task management software (JIRA) is desired, but not required.