Principal Full Stack Engineer
Burlington , MA
Principal Full-Stack Engineer
On-Site in Burlington, MA
· Design, code, test, debug and document new and existing components to ensure that software meets business, quality and operational needs.
· Build high quality code following unit testing and test driven development.
· Drive and participate in code and document reviews, mentoring team in best practices
· Collaborate with peer organizations, support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance.
· Interpret and translate business needs to technical requirements and accurate estimates.
· Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved.
· Work with team to troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently.
· Apply deep technical expertise to resolve challenging programming and design problems.
· Focus on scalability, security and availability of all applications and processes.
· Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable and maintainable software.
· Contribute to risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture.
· Contribute to technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements.
· 8+ years of hands-on experience designing, developing and implementing highly scalable and highly available distributed systems and customer facing web and software applications.
· 2+ years of NodeJS experience (The need NodeJS to write to the Back-end)
· 2+ years of experience working on JS frameworks and libraries such as Node, ES6, Angular, React, Ember, etc.
· Must have extensive experience spending time in productions.
· Must be an Open Source advocate with a consulting background, a high-level vision of development lifecycle and be able to advise on architecture. Experience with all aspects of a software project lifecycle from concept to deployment. Must be ready to take on constant and large scale projects.
· Experience with Selenium, Jasmine, Cucumber or other test frameworks.
· Experience deploying apps in AWS or similar cloud infrastructure.
· CI/CD experience on any cloud platform.
· Experience using Docker.
· Experience using Grunt, Gulp or similar build tools.
· Experience with XML/JSON, designing and building REST web services.
· Ability to mentor others.
· Experience working in a SAAS environment desired.
· Experience in the ecommerce/PCI space desired
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
· Must be passionate about learning new technologies and solving business problems.