Principal Linux Systems Administrator
Moffett Field , CA
Projected Description/Purpose of Role:
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Linux Systems Administrator. This role will work within Security Operations Center (SOC) performing senior level systems administration tasks for large scale networks, including all aspects of architecture, operations, security, strategic planning, and administration support.
• Design, deploy, and maintain the Linux and VMware infrastructure, and Storage Area Network (SAN) environments.
• Design, installation, test, operation, and maintenance of SOC developmental, staging and operational systems in accordance with the system security plan (both hardware and software).
• Deploy and maintain critical infrastructure services including SAN, web hosting, system monitoring, and configuration management.
• Provide all aspects of system administration, operations, and application support for services required by the customer.
• Develop and maintain enterprise level hardware, software, and service architecture documentation. (SOP’ s, Runbooks, Architecture diagrams, data flow diagrams, etc.)
• Troubleshoot and resolve server, storage, and basic network issues quickly and automate processes.
• Function as part of a rotating after-hours on-call support team.
• Maintain accountability of software and hardware licenses, maintenance records, and service agreements.
Requirements (Education, Skills & Abilities)
• BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience (or 6 years of additional experience)
• 7-9 years of Senior Systems Administration experience in an enterprise environment
• Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a government issued Secret clearance
• Deep knowledge of Linux (CentOS/RedHat) and VMware v6.x required.
• Experienced with CentOS, RHEL, kickstart, DHCP, BOOTP, TFTP, NFS, NTP, LDAP
• Solid knowledge of storage (SAN, NAS) required.
• Solid experience installing, configuring, deploying, troubleshooting, and maintaining physical and virtual servers in an enterprise environment (Dell and HP hardware desired)
• Experience designing, configuring, deploying, troubleshooting, and maintaining network infrastructure – (switches, routers, firewalls, and load balancers) in an enterprise environment.
• Solid experience deploying and maintaining Puppet.
• Experience deploying and maintaining YUM repositories.
• Solid experience deploying and maintaining Nagios
• Solid experience deploying and maintaining VMware (v6.5 preferred)
• Experience supporting SAN, NFS, and backup infrastructure and software (NetBackup preferred)
• Ability to develop, produce and maintain system and data center documentation using typical software tools such as Microsoft Office and Visio.