Principal Network Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO
Schriever AFB - Colorado Springs, CO 80912
Contract – 6+ months
The chosen candidate will provide technical expertise to support the architecture, installation and planning of a variety of solutions across an enterprise network. The candidate will also provide support for project planning, designing, and integration of various components of enterprise technology, including development of recommendations for new technologies, as appropriate. The candidate will support from the Software Engineering Directorate (SEO), Redstone Arsenal.
· Sets up, configures, and supports internal and/or external networks.
· Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations.
· Troubleshoots network performance issues, creates and maintains network diagrams and documentation.
· Recommends upgrades for new applications and equipment.
· Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks.
· Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
· Configures multiple IT/AV devices (IP addresses, EDID settings, audio adjustments, etc.)
Required knowledge, skills and experiences:
· Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience in lieu of degree, with 4 years of relevant experience.
· Active DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher
· Must have CompTIA Security+ or CISSP Certification
· Must have CCNA or higher Cisco professional certification
· Experience deploying and managing firewalls (Palo Alto and/or Cisco ASA)
· Experience with administration of Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems (Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012, RHEL 5/6)
· Experience with toolsets such as NetScout, Wireshark, Omnipeek, SolarWinds
· Experience with routing and switching configuration
· Experience with Multifactor Authentication and PKI
· Ability to deploy for CONUS and OCONUS support (may be up to 15% per year)
Desired knowledge, skills and experiences:
· Familiar with audio transport platforms such as: AVB, Blu-Link, Cobra-Net, Dante
· Experience configuring video transport platforms such as: Crestron, AMX, Extron, etc.
· Experience configuring VTC platforms such as: Cisco, Polycom, Lifesize, Lyne
· Experience with COMSEC and encryption devices such as TACLANEs