Principal Software Engineer
Waltham , MA
Principal Software Engineer
On-Site in Waltham, MA
This person will be working with innovative tools, processes and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale while working with state of the art technologies, methodologies, and processes.
· As part of a cross-functional, full stack scrum team provide technical leadership for and be a key contributor to the development of new features that allow our customers to engage with their customers
· Collaborate with Product Management, UX, architects and senior members of the development team to understand the business needs and find the best technical solution for meeting those needs
· Mentor junior members of the team on best practices, architecture, and development
· Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
· Be a key contributor to the creation of a long-term, scalable architecture.
· 10+ years developing large-scale applications on the front-end and the back-end
· Extensive experience with Core Java (Java is ideal, but they’ re open to a high-level candidate with experience working on other OO languages as long as they’ re willing to work with Java
· Must be willing to be a technical Leader to the team that will collaborate, coach and mentor
· Experience with JS frameworks such as Backbone, Marionette, Angular, React, etc.
· Experience with Spring
· Experience deploying to the Cloud (preferably AWS). Must have functional and operation understanding of how to live within the environment.
· Looking for someone with a desire to be in the trenches that’ s open to change and eager to work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone
· Experience with relational databases (MySQL, DB2 or Oracle) and/or experience with NoSQL databases (Redis, Cassandra or DynamoDB) desired
· Experience with Protractor, RSpec or equivalent integration test framework
· Experience with unit testing and test-driven development
· Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
· Experience working in a SAAS Environment desired
· Ability to articulate engineering design strategies related to scalability, performance, security, usability, and development platforms
· Proven ability to design future-proof, maintainable, large-scale systems
· Experience working in an open and collaborative Agile environment where you’ re free to express your opinions, and have the facts to back them up. Must be willing to compromise when necessary.
· Must be a dedicated software craftsperson who cares deeply about best practices and what it takes to write and maintain great code.
· Strong focus on team effectiveness, results and customer success
· Self-motivated individual who proactively identifies team bottlenecks and works with the team to resolve them
· Passionate about technology and staying up to date on industry trends
· Strong commitment to continuous improvement for self and team