The Product Owner will lead, collaborate with and motivate a cross-functional team to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs and provide continual business guidance business and/or technical delivery teams that develop, execute and release effective solutions.
Day to day Responsibilities:
- Break Features down to User Stories and prioritize the Team Backlog
- Review completed User Stories to ensure all defined Acceptance Criteria has been met
- Must be able to comfortably and effectively communicate cross-functionally with multiple technical and non-technical staff
- Outstanding organizational skills, especially with adapting to change and shifting priorities appropriate
- Translate strategic vision into technical specifications
- Serve as the business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of subject matter experts from the business.
- Provide continual business guidance for the development and execution team(s).
- Lead, manage or orchestrate activities for completion and proper documentation of business requirements and validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls.
- Work with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks.
- Escalate issues and develop recommendations for appropriate solutions.
- Partner with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Serve as direct representative of the business with development and execution team(s), representing/reinforcing EDM’ s perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Work with the business process owners to develop metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption and risks to operations.
- Assist with project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Manage, prioritize, and assess the impact of all work items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the decision to create, fix or defer at the project level.
- Review, and when appropriate, accept and prioritize feedback and new requirements from stakeholders.
- Ensure output of development is reviewed and accepted or declined by appropriate stakeholders to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Prepare the business for the change and arm them with tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in financial industry document compliance, process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis and change management practices.
- Must be able to collaboratively work within multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative Agile and sequential Waterfall projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applicable databases.