Malden, MA | Contract to Hire
As Production Manager, you will be responsible for leading all facets of meetings, fostering a culture of continuous improvement. The incumbent will focus on implementation of Lean Manufacturing techniques, with emphasis on producing a quality product on-time. This Manager will work with his/her team of Supervisors, Leads and Product Associates to create a Best Experience environment, rewarding high performance and developing personal growth.
· Develop Manufacturing team to grow and support unit growth through coaching and development
· Manage Production and measure business success through metrics including:
· On Time Delivery
· Manufacturing Costs
· Improve skill sets of associates through proactive training, both formal and informal.
· Utilize Lean Manufacturing Techniques
· Drive improvements and simplification of processes to reduce indirect labor, scrap, rework, internal errors and omissions, and increase inventory accuracy.
· Lead and develop team of Supervisors and Leads to foster personal development.
· Become a Change agent and have a Passion for CI.
· Incumbent may perform other duties as assigned by Plant Manager/Upper Management.
· Lead CI projects.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’ s degree and/or at least 5 to 7 years of experience in a supervisory role within a discrete manufacturing environment
· Technical background: Manufacturing and Product Engineering
· Experience utilizing lean manufacturing and/or six sigma applications
· Experience working on strategic goals along with tactical simultaneously
· Experience driving cultural changes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Outstanding people skills, hands on and lead by example mentality
· Ability to lead and develop teams.
Vision abilities: close vision, distance and ability to adjust focus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance, stoop, and kneel.