DESCRIPTION: Duties include providing on-site training, email and phone support to district and building employees including administrators, teachers and clerical staff on the use of student information systems (specifically PowerSchool, schooltool, Infinite Campus and eSchoolData). Assist districts with developing their student schedules; troubleshoot grading and transcript calculations; assist in the development of training materials; provide 1: 1 or group professional development to district staff; assist districts with state reporting rules and regulations; support districts with data verification; research issues related to student data; pull extracts for analysis and import data; and other related activities relating to a student information system.
- Strong knowledge of any of the Student Information Systems, ones listed above are higher preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of the New York State Reporting requirements for NYS school districts.
- Candidates must possess excellent written, verbal and communication skills; experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Candidates must also possess excellent presentation and organizational skills, and have experience writing, developing and delivering workshops to school district staff.
- Candidates must possess a NYS Teaching Certification with or without a NYS Administrative Certification (SDA).
- Experience with SQL and data mining is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel to include pivot tables and data manipulation is preferred.
- Certified Guidance Counselors, a NYS Administrative Certification (SDA) is highly preferred.
- If a Certified Guidance Counselor does not currently possess an SDA, he or she must be enrolled in a leadership program which could result in the NYS Administrative Certification (SDL) and qualify for an Internship Certificate. The Internship Certificate can be issued to a student in a NYS registered/approved graduate teacher education program in district leadership, which includes an internship experience. The student must have completed 50% of the program and the program has to determine if a student is eligible for this Internship certification.