Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’ s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Uses proposal plans and strategies to lead team in developing, defining, and implementing cohesive, integrated program/product, subcontractor, and material plans and business plans that achieve overall current and long term objectives of the program/product, business unit, and division
• Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major program roles
• Leads the establishment of and sets integrated WBS-based budget and schedule baselines including management reserve for advanced development programs/products or major subcontracts where the scope is not well defined and there is significant possibility for change
• Monitors work accomplished to baseline plans to ensure rate of work completion is sufficient to meet program/product schedules, develops corrective actions, and communicate issues, impacts and corrective actions to program teams
• Balances programs, risks and opportunities with executable strategies to meet technical requirements and budgets
• Manages people who lead department or cross-functional program teams in matrix organization that are focused on the delivery of a product or computer-based system from design to release for customers
• Develops personnel to ensure efficient operation
• Delegates assignments to others for developing solutions
• Sets standards for metric reviews over a family of programs/product line or within a business area
• Responsible for maximizing profit and cash flow of products/programs
• Prepares and presents program/product status to leadership and external customers
• Interfaces with customers on technical matters regarding program/products
• Leads team to identify and quantify risks and opportunities; leads risk mitigation / opportunity capture activities
• Reviews organizational capabilities, and development/execution of strategies, to improve the competitiveness of the organization through actions such as professional growth & development, strategic hiring, strategic partnering, and acquisitions
• Identifies market/scope changes and develops product/program positions for costs/price and feature changes or equitable cost/schedule adjustments
• Develops and executes proposal plans and strategies
• Develops customer relationships and develops new business within the market/program
• Leads the patent and data rights for the products/programs/proposals/subcontracts
• May be responsible for directing the planning, proposal preparation, negotiation, budgeting, performance measurement, and profit generation of other program managers
• May be responsible for Remote Site Management