Nashville , TN
Our client is looking for an Agile Enthusiast that has a true passion for looking beyond the sprint cycle in wonderment of things that they could do to influence and improve the SDLC. If this sounds like you, we are looking for an experienced Agile Delivery/Scrum Master for a full-time role on our clients expanding team! The right fit for this role will have expertise in enterprise level change management for development groups and is an expert in JIRA.
The primary duties of this role include establishing, growing, and evangelizing the use of SAFe practices within a DevOps team; supporting and mentoring a team that has historically had a variety of SDLC influences; and ensuring excellence in execution and delivery. This will involve a strong commitment to collaboration to foster an atmosphere of exceptional teamwork that delivers success for all involved and the organization. Equal and objective representation of all business and technical constituents will be critical to build and maintain a high-level of trust.
The ability to communicate the value of Agile, influence others, build support and partnership, while projecting a positive attitude and energy is paramount. This role will be assigned some of the most challenging initiatives in the company and will require advanced agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) experience and relevant technical expertise to be successful, while ensuring an appropriate level of process adherence to drive an overall SAFe transformation.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Document: Establish, document, and evolve teams’ methodology within an Agile delivery system. Vigorously maintain process documentation.
- Coaching: Communicate process standards to provide on-boarding and training. Ensures all team resources are trained on the SDLC and how they will impact the enterprise level software coordination
- Execute: Foster a culture of continuous process improvement. Ensure teams practice agile principles (innovation, creativity, collaboration, prioritization, accountability, transparency). Facilitates all SDLC ceremonies. Remove impediments while promoting self-organization.
- Planning: Ensures sprint, DI and PI preparedness for all planning and refinement activities. Align deliveries with stated priorities of product owner’ s roadmap and technical dependencies. Validates team is receiving requirements in advance of anticipated planned commencement date to allow team time to refine the work and thereby supporting Definition of Ready. Ensure proper use of ROM and LOE estimation techniques (points or hours). Ensure resource capacity planning, velocity measurement, and stability of resources.
- Report and Collaborate: Track and report all required metrics per an enterprise reporting toolkit. Works with Project Manager to track all development work within the sprint to validate priorities are addressed, work adheres to scope defined and work is on track to be completed within the sprint. Provide needed inputs to Project Manager for planning, resource, and budget purposes. Partner with all project team roles and stakeholders.
- Minimum (4) years of agile / scrum experience
- Minimum (8) years of application development project experience
- Knowledge of project management and agile methodologies/concepts
- Knowledge of SDLC and common technologies / architecture / technical terminology
Skills and Abilities:
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong presentation skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Capacity and ERM resource planning
- Excellent attention to detail
- Conflict resolution skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to build and sustain collaborative working relationships at all levels
- Proven history of successful change management
- Flexibility with changing priorities
- Critical thinking skills
- Technical knowledge and aptitude
- Customer service oriented
Preferred Tools Experience:
- Atlassian development tools: JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio, etc.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Microsoft Project
- Four-year college degree or 10 years of IT work experience
- License(s)/Certifications Required: Scrum Master Certification (CSM or PSM)
- License(s)/Certifications Preferred: Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP), Project Management Professional (PMP) Tool Experience Preferred