Senior Information Security Analyst
Falls Church, VA
· Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
· Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
· Maintains the patch management process to include working with stakeholders, maintaining SOP’ s, and provide trending metrics.
· Maintains the password management process.
· Evaluates firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
· Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
· Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
· Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
· Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and system scans to determine compliance.
· Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
· Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
· May serve as a technical team or task leader.
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
· Participates in special projects as required.
· Conducts HBSS administration support
· Conducts SCCM and YUM administration support to meet compliance
· Assists in administration of ACAS
· Provides technical analysis support for Cyber security initiatives