Senior Power Electronics Engineer - Airborne Hardware
South Burlington, VT 05403 US
Title: Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer
Location: South Burlington, VT 05403
Type: Full-time Direct
As a team member, you will be expected to leverage your past experience and supplement with new knowledge gained through research and experimentation as you design, build, and validate critical devices throughout the aircraft powertrain. You will have development, modeling, and analysis tools at your disposal to help you ensure that your designs are meeting or exceeding all design, safety, and regulatory requirements.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Electronic hardware design (power supplies, inverter hardware, charging systems, battery management, etc) and integration with aircraft systems in compliance with industry standards.
- Design according to system/aircraft level requirements and follow certification process and safety assessments.
- Interface with suppliers to evaluate and integrate novel technologies into aircraft designs
- Simulation and analysis of digital, analog, and power circuits
- Modeling circuits and systems utilizing MATLAB/Simulink, spice, etc
- Design, build, and evaluate prototypes to inform new designs
- Develop test plans for verification of new and updated designs, work with team to perform these tests
- Review and analyze test results and suggest design improvements.
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Power Engineering or another Engineering degree with a strong Electrical Design focus from an accredited University
- Background in PSMS drives and DC/DC conversion in the 100kW power range
- Strong foundation of power electronics design and problem-solving skills
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink
- Well-organized, communicative, disciplined team player
- Familiarity with Google G-Suite including drive, mail, calendar, docs, sheets, slides, charts, hangouts;Slack, application lifecycle
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- MS or Ph.D. In electrical engineering with a focus on power electronics
- Magnetics design experience for high-frequency power conversion
- Experience designing hardware to be deployed in harsh environments.
- Proficient in feedback and control system theory in the analog and digital domains