Senior Project Manager
Softworld is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join the Interactive Design division who will assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility; coordinate internal resources for the flawless execution of projects; assist in development of a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress; ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. The Interactive Design division is a web design agency, nestled within the department of Marketing & Communications. The Interactive Design hive is always buzzing with innovative designers, wicked smart developers, and colorful copywriters.
· B.A. /B.S., or equivalent, five to seven years of experience working in project management in an agency, design or development-focused organization or technology sector.
· Understanding of, and experience managing design driven projects with a focus on user experience needs.
· Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in site builds, design projects, software development and web technologies.
· Experience preferred, but not required, with: WordPress, OmniPlan (for scheduling and estimating), ActiveColab (tasking and time tracking).
· Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly evolving environment.
· Tactically focused, strategic thinker.
· Some experience with Agile process is preferred.
· Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
· Requires flexibility and adaptability to new technology in a changing environment.
· Requires ability to prioritize multiple projects.
· Ability to work well under pressure and on high visibility projects.
· Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques, and tools is required.