Senior ServiceNow Developer
Lead ServiceNow Developer
Project Length: 4 months + ext.
Location: Adelphi, MD 20782 - on site 5 days a week.
***Due to the nature of the work we are only able to accept candidates who are US Citizens w/clean backgrounds***
We are seeking a Lead ServiceNow Application Developer to lead our application development using the ServiceNow Now platform. You will assure delivery of successful deployments of applications developed through the ServiceNow Now platform following ServiceNow's best practices.
• Lead solution design activities within the ServiceNow platform application development team
• Communicate with the customers in non-technical terms, understand their requirements, when appropriate, ask the right set of questions to get to the true requirements.
• Working with clients to assess current state processes, legacy applications, and tools
• When appropriate, lead the team to create quick proof-of-concept for the customers
• When appropriate, work with customers/product owners to define user stories
• Organizing and prioritizing development effort, interfacing with stakeholders, provide timely status to management
• Create, document, design, develop, and integrate applications using the ServiceNow platform following ServiceNow best practices
• Document architectural solutions in a clear and accurate manner
• Implement the core integration components (LDAP, SSO, Discovery, MID Server, etc.)
• Consider dependencies, relationships, and integration points to ensure proper solution integration with other systems when applicable
• Build the long-term strategic roadmap for ServiceNow solutions align with the IT strategic vision of the organization
• Develop solutions across the ServiceNow platform to utilize automation and integration capabilities of ServiceNow, focused on leveraging business services with out of the box capabilities
• Work with cross-functional team in an agile and fast-paced development environment
• Architect application solutions, lead agile/Scrum team to develop regulated and non-regulated software solutions throughout the software development life cycle ensuring timely delivery
• Provide technical coaching and oversight to other developers
• Promote the use of a shared infrastructure and ServiceNow roadmap to reduce costs and improve how end-to-end information flows
• Lead and direct software development and testing.
• Bachelor's degree with minimum 8 years of relevant experience in software development and architecture
• 2+ years’ experience of ServiceNow development and / or ServiceNow implementation
• Good track-record of developing large-scale, multi-tier applications
• Experienced working in an agile (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban) environment
• Has done more than 3 moderate to complex applications using ServiceNow Now platform that deal with SSO, MID server, data pipeline in following ServiceNow's best practices.
• Demonstrates expert knowledge of ServiceNow toolset and integrations with related systems
• Demonstrated ability to influence and consult including providing options with pros, cons and risks around key technical decisions during design and implementation
• Demonstrated leader with team-oriented interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface with a broad range of people and roles with ability to deal with ambiguity
• Strong experience developing, releasing, and maintaining software solutions
• Experienced in Cloud services, PaaS and application of those services.
• Knowledge of ITIL, Service Management, ITSM, HR