Senior Software Developer
Softworld's client is seeking a strong senior developer. The software development team is responsible for providing highly efficient/innovative solutions across our different data consumers. In addition, the team over the next several years is building a next-generation platform to support business needs.
- Designing complex applications and services and writing well designed, testable, and efficient code
- Design, prototype and author code in line with functional specifications. Work with system analysts to understand the
- business needs / problems and provide highly scalable and efficient solutions.
- Collaborate with other developers (including offshore consultants) to deliver solutions for Wellington Fund group and
- oversee code quality and delivery
- Participate in setting technical direction with both onshore and offshore development team members with regards to sprint
- planning, release planning, and prioritization of work across all project tracks.
- End to end involvement in application lifecycle phases including devops.
- 5-10 years of Java development experience - deep understanding of JMM and concurrent programming
- Ideally experience with AWS and ETL (Talend) but will take a candidate that only has experience with 1 of the 2.
- Experience working with the advanced JS frameworks is a big +
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Sciences or related field