Location: Burlington, MA
***Visa Sponsorship is not available for this role***
Softworld, Inc. client is looking for a talented and highly motivated architect or a principal engineer who is ready to move into an architect role. He/She will work closely with the Engineering Leadership to design software architecture and influence business stakeholders on strategic direction in general. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and self-motivated individual with strong consulting, technology skills, commitment to quality, positive work ethic and a "can do" attitude.
· Develop strong partnership with business, product and engineering leaders and members, to define and maintain technology and product architecture
· Able to gain deep understanding of domain and industry best practices to develop technical vision and strategy
· A hands-on senior member of the engineering team to analyze, design and develop software solutions to deliver product roadmap
· Effectively communicate technology strategies and trade-offs both up to senior and executive management and down to development teams
· Ensures adherence of the development team to the architectural vision of the product and also ensuring that associated designs follow that vision and ensure compliance with best security practices
· Participate in architecture guild meetings and help advance all Veracode products towards modern technologies and common methodology. Participate and help with POCs when needed.
· Technical leadership, mentor less experienced team members, and proactively suggest improvements
· Participates in the writing of technical documents (functional specifications, design documents, architecture diagrams) as required
· Help estimate the work required for new features.
· Bachelors in in Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent experience. Masters preferred.
· Minimum of 10+ year’ s software development experience in a fast-paced environment, working through all phases of the software development life cycle.
· Expert in these areas: Java with Spring Boot framework, Object Oriented Design, UI technologies, Open Source tools
· Proven hands-on technical leadership with the ability to prototype key solutions and designing, writing code.
· Development experience with SQL and no SQL.
· Experience developing RESTful APIs and Microservices.
· Experience developing, deploying and operating SaaS applications in Cloud (AWS preferred) environment.
· Provide mentorship and thought leadership to technical talent at all level
· Familiarity with tools like Jira, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, etc
· Experience with Agile development methodologies
· Excellent English written and oral communication skills.