Software Engineer - GUI
Sterling Heights, MI 48312 US
Software Engineer ( GUI Focused )
Sterling Heights, MI
12+ Month Contract
- Develop display software to include the graphical user interface for a wide ranging vehicle platform.
- Perform software requirements analysis.
- Develop software preliminary and detailed design utilizing software design tools as specified by department standards.
- Develop code to implement software design, code development shall conform to department standards and procedures.
- Develop test procedures and perform unit/functional test on the executable software.
- Perform hardware/software integration.
- Debug software issues discovered throughout multiple testing phases.
- Develop and maintain software in accordance with the project and department development processes.
- Release software as specified by department standards.
- Prepare status reports to management and support design/code reviews.
- Work within DOORS database to create and maintain engineering documentation
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical field.
5-7 years related engineering experience, with strong preference for embedded software.
Strong background in C#, C++, C Python, QT and QML
Be comfortable supporting integration issues in a lab and on a vehicle
Knowledge of Mil STD 1553, Ethernet and CAN data bus desired.
Knowledge/experience with GIT, Bitbucket, and Confluence desired
Knowledge/experience with DOORS desired.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Linux, Unix & PC experience strongly desired.
Some travel may be required