Role: Software Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: Contract to Hire
Softworld client is seeking a Software Engineer to sit on-site at their client in Washington, DC and work with SQL, PL/SQL, PostgreSQL, Python, and PHP.
- Responsible for designing database schemas, developing database scripts, performing database deployment duties and post deployment support
- Supports the application/database development throughout the software life cycle from requirements analysis and design through to implementation and maintenance.
- 2-6 years of experience as a full-stack software engineer assisting in the design, development, testing and deployment of the computer software.
- Strong back-end, database experience (converting data)
- Strong in complex SQL and PL/SQL experience in Postgres 9.x/10 based environment.
- Web programming experience with Python or PHP (candidates will be working with both)
- Experience with API Code
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Demonstrated experience in working with other database and application developers to define application architecture/best practices.
- Strong communication skills to interface with customers as well as collaborate in a cross-discipline team environment.
- Good understanding of business process analysis and mapping.
- Ability to work from high-level requirements through detailed specifications.
- Strong attention to detail, well-organized, and ability to self-prioritize, manage and adjust multiple tasks as project evolves.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Information Systems or related field.
- Familiar with ETL process preferably in a data warehouse.
- Strong understanding of performance analysis, tuning and optimization.