Software Project Lead - Embedded
Sterling Heights, MI
Title: Software Project Lead
Location: Sterling Heights MI
Duration: 12 + months with option to go direct after 6 months
Pivotal Engineering is staffing for General Dynamics in Sterling Heights for an engineer with project management capabilities. The ideal candidate will come from an embedded software development background and has moved into program or project management.
- Design, development and support of embedded software solutions for the world’ s premier land-based combat vehicle producer.
- Software project lead will provide leadership and support of Stryker and LAV related projects.
- Drive projects and lead software processes
- Develop basis of estimates for new scope items
- Work with CSCI leads and program management to develop schedules and establish budgets
- Assist with development and/or review of software documentation including SRS, SVD, SPS and related test documentation
- Work with Systems to support system level requirements allocation and testing.
- Interface and coordinate with outside vendors for software support and deliverables.
- Identify, document and mitigate project risks items.
- Interface with SWQA to address audit findings and implement corrective actions.
- Assist with development of project metrics and measures.
- Insure all work conforms to software development process improvement and CMMI Level 5 initiatives
- Previous experience with military vehicle software preferred
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Possess or able to obtain security clearance