Software QA Lead Engineer
Top 3 Technical Skills (confirmed):
Homerun Desired Skill (confirmed):
Projected Description/Purpose of Role:
Job Description: Looking for a hands-on, self-motivated, and experienced QA Lead. You will work as an equal partner with developers and product managerss. As a QA Lead, you will guide and mentor a team of Quality Assurance Engineers, provide detailed testing of features and bugs, contribute to cross-team initiatives, and implement new manual and automated test plans. A methodical approach and a passion for quality are key to the growth and success
· Review software requirements and specifications.
· Define and execute manual and automated test cases.
· Develop and review manual and automated test plans.
· Help develop scalable automated testing solutions.
· Become a subject matter expert in specific components of the product.
· Partner with the development and devops teams to prevent scalability and reliability issues in an AWS cloud-based web platform.
· Serve as an escalation point, project coordinator and liaison layer across engineering, infrastructure and product teams.
· Perform regular one on ones with your team members by mentoring, setting goals, and unblocking them on impeding issues.
· Be the voice of quality for the product and ensure features are shipped with the highest level of quality.
· 5+ years of software testing experience in an agile testing role.
· 2+ years in an agile testing leadership role with a track of success.
· Bachelor’ s degree in technology, engineering, science or relevant experience.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Hands-on manual and automated testing experience.
· Willingness to conduct ad-hoc exploratory testing with limited documentation.
· Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting.
· Proactive, positive approach to quality assurance work and problem-solving.
Good to have:
· Familiarity with object-oriented programing languages (C#, Java or comparable in a .NET environment).
· Familiarity with at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP).
· Knowledge of relational databases.
· Familiarity with defect tracking and version control tools.