Software Test Engineer
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Clearance: Active TS/SCI Clearance Required
Softworld is searching for a Software Test Engineer to sit on-site at our client in Charlottesville, VA who is a IT Solutions provider to the Government.
This role requires an Active TS/SCI Clearance.
· Working with requirements analysts to detail the sequences of activities that comprise software operation
· Creating defect reports and investigating defect problem areas
· Supporting product demonstrations
· Planning testing activities that lead to a successful software release
· Developing end-user documentation
· Working with Software Developers within scrum teams to deliver high-quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner
· Developing test plans and scenarios in accordance with functional requirements and technical specifications
· Leading aspects of testing, including functional, regression, integration, load and system testing
· 2+ years of Software Test Engineering experience in IC / DoD environments
· Well-versed in software test practices
· Ability to write SQL queries
· Experience with at least one development or scripting language (Ideally Java)
· Able to work effectively within an Agile software development environment
· Possessing attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills
· Able to work independently to meet deadlines
· Able to express requirements, technical ideas and opinions effectively
· B.S. in information systems related major or 5 years equivalent experience required.
· DoD 8570 Baseline Certifications required (Security+ CE)
· An Active TS/SCI