Software Tools Admin
Software Tools Admin
- The primary focus of this position is to support the client’ s corporate instance of the Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, etc.).
- Daily responsibilities include resolving JIRA tickets (such as evaluating and implementing Atlassian plugin requests, JIRA workflows changes and tool upgrades) and assisting with day-to-day operations.
- This role requires someone experienced in Atlassian tools administration.
- There are also non-tools related engineering project support requests that require in-depth Linux system administration capabilities and experience with git.
- Another focus of this position is involvement in a change management (CM) process focused on the client’ s tools. Our tools support a large number of projects and their configurations can differ drastically.
- This poses the challenge of implementing changes in a way that does not inadvertently affect projects in a negative way.
- This person should have experience maintaining development environments and must follow good CM practices.
- AS or BS in Management Information Systems or comparable skills gained through relevant experience
- At least 3 years¿ experience (more preferred)
- Linux Administration experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot commercial applications, RHEL systems, and network connectivity in order to resolve operational issues and to restore services.
- Excellent customer support skills gained from working in a Help Desk / ticketing system environment.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo) including tool administration and customization.
- Maintain day-to-day operations and documentation of critical systems.
- Maintain, backup and restore development environments.
- Understands and applies change management procedures/principles.
- Experience using GIT.
- Experience working closely with developers.
Nice to see
- Experience with IT automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc...
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Travis CI, etc...
- Experience with Docker and or other containerization tools.
- Experience in an infrastructure as code environment.
- Experience provisioning systems with Kickstart.