Sr Proposal/Technical Writer
Projected Description/Purpose of Role:
My client has an exciting career opportunity for a Proposal /Technical Writer position within the Operations Group. The primary responsibility of the Proposal /Technical Writer will be to work with the Proposal Manager, Business Development and Operations Personnel to plan and deliver major proposals and other deliverables to a wide range of Government clients at locations worldwide. This position is a highly visible role that works closely with senior leadership, capture personnel, and operations management to write, edit, review, and produce winning proposals typically valued between $2 Million $1 Billion.
- Write responses to Requests for Proposals, Requests for Information, and other federal, state or international government requests
- Create compliant, compelling responses for assigned proposal sections/topics and create associated graphics, charts, tables, appendices and other information in support of proposal development
- Ensure win strategy, technical solution, win themes, discriminators, compliance, and clear understanding of the requirement are well-articulated and consistent throughout final proposal documents
- Analyzes government solicitations, identifies response requirements, and prepares unique, tailored, and detailed proposal responses in compliance with government agency requirements
- Write Management, Past Performance, Resumes and Plan RFP volumes
- Review and edit proposal responses for consistency, compliance, win theme incorporation, solution accuracy, and other elements during regular and core team review cycles in order to create the final proposal submission.
- Research relevant corporate, project, client and industry statistics and data in support of creating proposal responses for all lines of business, segments and international entities.
- Manages activities of two or more sections.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Remains current on all solicitation modifications/Q&A and communicates them to the team; revises schedule, outline, and compliance matrix as necessary throughout proposal life cycle
- Coordinates with graphic designers to conceptualize, develop, and integrate compelling proposal graphics that convey concepts and proposed solutions to enhance proposal documents
- Collaborate with Capture Manager, Technical Lead/PM, SMEs as required
- Coordinates with creative services staff to conceptualize, develop, and integrate compelling proposal graphics that convey concepts and proposed solutions to enhance proposal documents
- Uses automated proposal collaboration and document management tools, including Sharepoint
- Support other Proposal Operations activities as needed
- High School degree or GED required and 7 years of relevant experience or;
- Bachelor’ s Degree with at least 5 years’ proposal management experience with at least 3 years’ Federal Government proposal management, support, and/or writing experience
- Ability to prioritize and write several projects simultaneously; able to be hands-on as well as strategic
- Experience implementing standard proposal processes or procedures
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to guide and effectively influence with and without authority; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management, proposal teams, SMEs, peers, and teaming partners
- Ability to work to meet deadlines (work overtime as needed)
- Ability to develop compelling themes, discriminators, and messaging to communicate value proposition
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Ability to work with geographically disparate teams