Sr Wheeled Vehicle Software Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI
Senior Wheeled Vehicle Software Engineer (GUI Development)
- Responsible for the development and support of embedded application software for a family of ground vehicles. The engineer will participate in activities covering the entire software development lifecycle, from requirements development to final testing and delivery of software products. Activities include:
- GUI Development with Qt experience
- Strong Background in java or C/C++
- Linux, VxWorks, Unix; PC experience
- Embedded systems experience
- Performing software requirements analysis.
- Developing software preliminary and detail design utilizing software design tools as specified by department standards.
- Developing code to implement software design, Code development shall conform to department standards and procedures.
- Performing hardware/software integration and unit test.
- Developing and maintain software in accordance with the project SDP.
- Preparing status reports to management and support design/code reviews.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Other technical degree will be considered with related experience.
- Ideally 7-10 years-applicable; engineering experience required but fewer years considered with an advanced degree.
- Fifty percent office environment, fifty percent lab environment.
- Interfacing with other departments and business units.
- Interfacing with other program partners outside of company.