Sr. Cloud Engineer - Top Secret
Seeking a Sr. Cloud Engineer to provide expert support for ongoing operation of systems infrastructure services and other related area and project work for all networked environments supported by IT.
- Designs cloud architecture, configure and implement plans for hosting complex application workloads in Azure
- Coordinates efforts onsite with and reports results to the government Director of IT.
- Configures the following: Windows Platform; servers and local storage; file and share access; print and document services; servers for remote management; IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- Manages and maintains virtualized server environment on Microsoft HyperV and VMware
- Deploys and configures DHCP and DNS services
- Installs domain controllers
- Creates and manages Active Directory users and computers, OUs, GPOs
- Configures application restriction policies and Windows Firewall
- Deploys and manages server images
- Implements patch management
- Configures Distributed File System (DFS), File Server Resource Manager (FSRM), file and disk encryption and advanced audit policies
- Plans network infrastructures services, highly available network services, and identity and access solutions
- Configures System Center components, portals, dashboards, storage fabric and network fabric
- Configures and manages the deployment and updating servers
- Monitors network devices, servers, virtualization, application health
- Implements automation and service offerings
- Manages compliance, configuration, and updates
- Implements backup and recovery
- Configures cloud integration including public and private clouds.
- Develops/maintains systems configurations and executes administration and operational duties on computer systems while maintaining data/information as required.
- Analyzes, evaluates and tests software and hardware to provide issue/problem resolution.
- Installs, configures and maintains commercial off-the-shelf products. Regularly prepares activity and progress reports regarding support activities.
- Acts as a systems resource for all users.
- Assists in the installation, planning and security of computer facilities and organizes training as required and appropriate.
Clearance: Top Secret