Sr. Java Architect/ Developer
Contract to Hire
Washington DC (Columbus Circle)
The team supporting the Administrative Office of the US Courts (AO) Case Management System Office (CMSO) is organized into 16 sub agile teams. We develop integrated solutions using the Agile/SAFe Framework. We focus on software development within AO to deliver systems for the Case Management and Electronic Case Filing (CM/ECF) Portfolio, which consists of mission-critical case management and related software to support federal appellate, district, and bankruptcy court judges and staff and external stakeholders.
• Research, design and develop prototype that will support upgrade of the current technology stack which will be secure, cloud enabled and perform efficiently and effectively to provide a great customer experience.
• Upgrade existing tools and component in a sandboxed environment before rolling out to other development teams
• Incorporate standards and best practices, including performance, security, scalability, and maintainability.
• Participate in an agile team to deliver the full lifecycle, including requirements, architecture, design, development, testing and deployment.
• Update and maintain system design and architecture documents.
• Review and provide feedback on functional and technical requirements.
• Define and propose solutions for meeting future requirements of the organization
• Contributing to improvements in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) utilizing practices such as test-driven development (TDD), static code analysis, code reviews, continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), and automated security scanning.
• Working closely with solutions architects to ensure system design follows the industry best practices and standards that aligned with the Judiciary framework.
• Investing in learning and the software development efficiency of the entire office through teamwork, personal responsibility, individual and group training, and process improvement.
• Recommending coding solutions for other developers to implement.
• Bachelor’ s degree plus at least five years (5+) of specialized experience in software development, automated testing, and debugging/ support experience in a web-based environment.
• Experience in developing software applications using modern technology stack (front and back)
• Expert level Java developer experience with modern development tools
• Experience with developing RESTful web services.
• SQL and data modeling experience, including experience working with ORM tools/frameworks such as Hibernate (including a working knowledge of JPA).
• Experience with JSP and Servlets, or with Java Server Faces (JSF).
• Extensive experience developing applications in an agile environment.
• Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills.
• Experience with Git or other distributed source control system
• Experience in analyzing log files generated by servers, Splunk tool and other performance monitoring tools
• Working knowledge and experience in Federal IT security guidelines and practices and Section 508/ Accessibility.
• Working knowledge and experience in cloud-based environments.
• Ability to contribute on an individual basis as well as demonstrate your strengths as a team player as a member of an agile team.
• Experience communicating and collaborating with other software developers, business owners, and management