Sr. Java Developer
Senior Java Developer
Long term contract
- At least 10+ years of hands-on software development and Financial Services experience within the last 5 years with a duration of at least 24 months a must
- Experience with and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience developing J2EE solutions using Java, Web Services, Messaging, and related technologies. Working knowledge of SQL and database technologies.
- Understanding of fixed income security data, analytics and/or risk management concepts is a nice to have
- Delivery focus and willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical production environment.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, physics, statistics or othe related field.
In addition, the following qualifications would be a plus:
- Prior experience using distributed computing, grid or cloud technologies, particularly Amazon Web Services.
Experience with any of the following technologies:
This Senior Developers role will combine quantitative and software engineering skills to drive development of firm's next generation of quantitative tools.
- Participate in full-cycle software development including development, regression testing, deployment, and production support.
- Provide technical leadership to a development team with responsibility for architecture, design and implementation.
- Partner closely with investment and research teams to understand business needs and to create effective technical solutions.
- Lead implementation of business process improvements involving (but not limited to) investment process efficiency, data quality improvements and simplifying investor workflow.