Sr. Messaging Platform Engineer
- The Sr. Messaging Platform Engineer will provide middleware messaging engineering, administration, and system support for new and existing production RabbitMQ and Kafka environments to include performance of the following related tasks: software installation, patch installation, upgrades, object definition, configuration, security, system monitoring and tuning, disaster recovery planning, implementation and backup and recovery. In addition this professional will find themselves participating in the Cloud Platform Infrastructure team, creating and supporting MQ objects across internal and end-user applications, and administering MQ security across all database environments.
- A total of 7+ years of experience in public cloud, middleware and container technologies.
- 5 years of Hands-on experience with messaging queues RabbitMQ, Kafka and IBM MQ.
- Good Linux system administrator skills and TCP/IP network fundamentals.
- Experience using monitoring tools such as Grafana, Prometheus and Elastic search.
- Ability to effectively work in a team and individually.
- A proven track record of monitoring and operations of cloud and legacy systems.
PLEASE NOTE: 3RD PARTIES/SUBCONTRACTORS/SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.