Sr. Network Engineer
Washington , DC
Softworld is looking for a Network Engineer to support our client in Washington, DC and their infrastructure.
• The Candidate shall have experience and expertise designing, implementing and managing Cisco-based solutions; specifically experience configuring VTP, STP, Ether-channel, and OSPF on CAT4500, CAT6500, CAT3850s, Nexus 5K, 4000 series routers and 2900 series routers.
• Experience must also include working on production issues such as performance degradation, device failures, WAN (T1, DS3), copper Ethernet and fiber circuit outages; collaborating with provider and the Smithsonian NOC and working on APC UPS.
• The Candidate shall have experience working in both long and short-term network engineering projects by meeting with customer, gathering requirements, designing solution, scheduling tasks, implementing solution, and documenting work. The Candidate shall have expert skill with creating and updating project plans and Visio-based diagrams.
• The Candidate shall possess strong writing and verbal communications skills as related to gathering of information from customers and relaying information to customers, IT staff, service providers, and management.
• Local Travel driving team van is required.
• Travel to FL and NY as needed - around 10%
• Internal Public Trust
• CCIE, CCNP Desired.