Sr. Research Associate - Upstream Process
Essential Functions and Duties
· Characterize scale-up processes for bacterial production of DNA plasmids in shake flasks and fermenters
· Evaluate feed strategies for improving plasmid production
· Collaborate on development of harvest, clarification, and filtration strategies
· Develop and write standardized fermentation protocols
· Author technical reports and tech transfer documents as needed
Skills and Experience
· BS or equivalent with 2+ years industry experience or MS in relevant field
· Familiarity with lab-scale bacterial production platforms up to 50L
· Experience in filtration and/or tangential flow filtration also preferred
· Adept at conducting routine testing and limited troubleshooting of multiple methods.
· Able to effectively manage and prioritize multiple parallel laboratory activities is essential.
· Able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view.
· Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability.
· Excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills.