Sr. Systems Administrator
A Sr. Systems Administrator is required for contract-to-hire position located in Norfolk, VA
- 5-8 years of Systems Administration experience (Windows/Unix), Active Directory, Storage, Virtualization, and IA/Cybersecurity.
- DOD Secret Clearance
- Security+ certification
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows XP/7, etc.)
- Active Directory (2003/2008) group policies design and implementation
- Implementing and supporting Microsoft BackOffice products (Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, SMS)
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Collaborates with other system engineers or application owners to design solutions for customers.
- Identifies hardware, software and services required to meet customer needs.
- Manages system stability, operation, and scalability.
- Provide technical guidance for troubleshooting systems and designing new solutions.
- Evaluate current or developing technologies to consider for implementation weighing such factors as cost, compatibility, and usability.
- Communicate with customers to understand current and future requirements for their systems and be able to speak on their behalf to the configuration management team.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, new processes, and procedures.
- Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance to include installing or upgrade hardware or software.
- Configure servers to meet functional specifications.
- Evaluate existing systems to suggest changes to meet organizational requirements.
- Communicate project information through technical reports and presentations.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 6 month contract-to-hire