Sr. Systems Administrator
Sr. Systems Administrator
- A Senior Systems Administrator is required for a contract position in Washington DC,
- We are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to support our Justice Programs team in Washington, DC. In this assignment, you will support the Service Operations Unit (SOU) of the Enterprise Operations Section (EOS) in the FBI Information Technology Enterprise Services Division (ITESD). Support will be provided during normal business hours Monday through Friday, Eastern Standard Time (EST), excluding Federal holidays.
- Performing day-to-day processes and activities to manage and maintain availability, health and performance of the EMS tools at acceptable Service Leveraging automation (e.g. tools, programs or script) and standards as part of the daily administration ("care ad feeding") and enhancements of the EMS tools
- Sharing knowledge as needed to other EMS team members, regardless of contract or government status
- Training IT staff to use the tools as needed
- Provide troubleshooting skills and problem resolution of EMS tool incidents and problems
- Recommend and carry out projects under the guidance of the technical architect or government lead to improve performance and functionality of the tools
- Bringing systems and devices under management,
- Coordinating move of tool servers to new Data Centers,
- Continuous process improvement and procedures,
- A great opportunity to use highly tuned OBM Tool Suite skill for a highly regarded government entity in the computer science realm
- Must have 10 years of directly related experience in network and/or systems management & analysis and administration of EMS Tools.
- Include Project skills, Operations and Maintenance, Administration, implementation skills and expertise using the Micro Focus Operations Bridge Manager (OBM) Tool Suite (formerly HPE Software) for an Enterprise Management System (EMS).
- OMi (5 or more years)
- OMi deployments (5 or more years)
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- OBM Management Packs (3 or more years)
- OBR or OBA preferred but not required (2+ years)
- Virtual environments is a plus (2+ years)
- Windows 2016 OS experience is a plus (2+ years)
- Red Hat Linux (RHEL) 7.6 is a plus (2+ years)
Duration: 6-9 Months CTH.
PLEASE NOTE: 3RD PARTIES/SUBCONTRACTORS/SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.