Sr. Systems Engineer
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Responsible for analyzing information requirements and developing recommendations for services at a firm-wide system level.
- Works with line management on projects and business initiatives
- Lead major projects and business initiatives
- Design and implementation of high impact mission critical projects
- Coordinates activities with other lead analysts and managers in the firm
- Define technical roadmaps for IT initiatives and infrastructure improvements
- Work with other team lead, management staff to develop and maintain delivery of information technology, including internal proprietary products
- Prepares feasibility studies, time and cost estimates for projects
- Responsible for explaining root cause of problems to other areas of the organization and develop mitigation.
- Responsible for conforming to IT frameworks (i.e. Change Control, Incident Management and reporting, IT Security)
- Share 24x7 on-call support responsibilities
The successful candidate for this position will have very strong customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple and diverse technology issues to resolution with minimal supervision. This position requires someone who is self-motivated and resourceful in identifying and escalating issues appropriately.
- Bachelor's degree or equiv. required
- Previous experience working with market data and trading applications
- Proficiency with market data and trading services such as Bloomberg, B-Pipe, FactSet, Thomson Reuters/ TRMDS, TNS, BT Radianz, IPC, DTCC.
- Knowledge of Trader voice / Trading Turrets, and direct support experience is required
- Knowledge with electronic trading networks and protocols (i.e. FIX, SWIFT)
- Extensive knowledge of computer software and hardware
- Thorough knowledge of more than one operating system
- Experience in Trading Desk Management
- Knowledge with cloud technologies, thorough experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, make appropriate decisions, and effectively communicate both in written and oral form
- Proven track record and ability to deliver in a global environment
- Exceptional project management and client support skills
- Relationship management experience
- Thorough network knowledge ofTCP/IP, routing protocols and Information Security is required (hands on network experience is a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop effective working relationships, demonstrate customer focus, work within a team environment, and manage vendors