The System Administrator is responsible for the daily monitoring, management, troubleshooting and issue resolution for the operating system, hardware, storage and tools provided for our hosted application stack on a mix of Linux and Windows Server platforms. They are also responsible for all internal-facing server-based applications supporting our corporate workflow, on a similar platform mix. They will work closely with our Application Management and Software Development Teams in order to provide end-to-end platform support and application management services.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Extensive experience with both Windows Server and Linux platforms.
- Expert knowledge of high availability, SAN, performance and tuning, RAID, TCP/IP
- 5+ years in a System Administration role
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Platform Support and Issue Resolution – Participate in the daily management of all hardware and operating system (OS) platforms within the IMS Hosted Environment, including, but not limited to, the Mobile Commerce Management platforms.
- Management of the Virtualization platform and create documented methodologies
- Daily monitoring and alert response.
- Development and Tuning of OS and hardware monitoring and create documented methodologies
- Root cause analysis of problems
- Participation in 24x7 On-Call rotation to support resolution of acute issues
- Internal Support – Provide support for all interactions with the hardware and OS layers of IMS systems and support of all business platforms. This will include support outside of business hours for deployment activities.
- Deployment of configuration changes
- Management of various business platforms: Atlassian product suite, Office 365, NetSuite, Octopus Deploy, Chef, others…
- Support of basic tasks on key network systems (Load Balancers, Web Application Firewalls, etc…)
- Work closely with Application Management to ensure your familiarity with our applications and their OS/Hardware requirements
- Work closely with Process Engineering to ensure smooth operation of all deployment platforms
- SAN Management – Support the SAN technologies underneath our virtualization platforms within the Hosted Environment and our Corporate IT Platform
- Management and troubleshooting of the Storage platforms as needed
- Knowledge of internal and external network security.
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure, network, and directory services.
- Advanced knowledge of the LAN/WAN technologies and expert level Advanced troubleshooting skills for all core networking devices.
- Experience with virtualized environments