Softworld Inc. client has an immediate need for a Cleared Systems Administrator in the Greater Boston Area for a long-term contract.
The Information Technology Specialist is a key member in several small dynamic research and development environments in which they support the day-to-day activities of users, perform system maintenance, documentation of systems and deployment of IT solutions. The specialist will provide support for IT technology that will cover a wide array of competencies. Duties include but are not limited to system troubleshooting, vendor coordination, software patching, system deployment, license management, hardware and software management, and lifecycle management.
- Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional
- Reports status and progress to management
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains system configurations (hardware and software) to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Conducts the integration/testing, operations, and maintenance of systems security.
- Addresses problems, installs, configures, troubleshoots, and provides maintenance and training in response to customer requirements or inquiries (e.g., tiered-level customer support).
- Responsible for day to day support and maintenance of IT infrastructure systems
- Maintain and update documentation, including standard operating procedures, network drawings and configuration documentation
- Assist with the investigation of security incidents to include data spills, data integrity incidents, and malicious code incidents
- Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies, provide configuration management and accurately assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- General knowledge of the NIST Risk Management Framework and other computer security publications
- Intermediate experience with Windows 7, 10; Server 2008, 2012;
- Strong knowledge of client/server environments, group policies, domain services and networking
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, or a related field and 4-6 years of relevant experience, or 10+ years’ experience without degree.
- Must obtain and be able to maintain a Top Secret clearance with SCI access and polygraph preferred.
- One or more professional certifications in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, IAT Level II and IAM Level I
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure implementation, administration and day-to-day monitoring and troubleshooting
- Ability to research technologies, errors and products to determine paths forward
- Ability to follow instructions
- Experience with setting-up, configuring, testing, and trouble-shooting issues with TACLANES
- Some experience with Linux operating systems is a plus
- Some experience with virtualization is a plus
- Off-hour/on-call support as needed. A certain degree of flexibility of schedule is required as some work planned/unplanned) must be done outside of major production hours during pre-scheduled maintenance windows
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision (i.e. self-motivated and willing to stretch to meet important deadlines)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Vendor specific certifications from Cisco, Microsoft or Dell are desired