- Develops and conducts tests of systems to evaluate compliance with specifications and requirements by applying principles and methods for cost-effective planning, evaluating, verifying, and validating of technical, functional, and performance characteristics (including interoperability) of systems or elements of systems incorporating IT.
- Installs, configures, tests, operates, maintains, and manages networks and their firewalls, including hardware (switches, routers, cables, proxy servers, and protective distributor systems) and software that permit the sharing and transmission of all spectrum transmissions of information to support the security of information and information systems.
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains server configurations (hardware and software) to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Also manages accounts, firewalls, and patches. Responsible for access control/ passwords/ account creation and administration.
- Works closely with ISSM group to ensure system accreditation process is followed including maintenance of standard operating procedures, network drawings and configuration documentation.
- Addresses problems, installs, configures, troubleshoots, and provides maintenance and training in response to customer requirements or inquiries (e.g., tiered-level customer support).
- Responsible for day to day support and maintenance of IT infrastructure systems (e.g. servers, workstations, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, encryption devices)
- Ensure all devices are under configuration management, receive updates, and maintain operational readiness.
- Other duties include but are not limited to system troubleshooting, vendor coordination, software patching, system deployment, license management, hardware and software management, and lifecycle management.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, or a related field and 4-6 years of relevant experience, or 8+ years of experience
- Must have and be able to maintain a Top Secret clearance; SCI and Polygraph eligibility highly desired.
- Solid knowledge of the following regulations: JAFAN 6/3, DCID 6/3, NISPOM, NIST RMF and ICD 503.
- One or more professional certifications in accordance with DoD 8570.1, such as Network+, Security+, GSEC or CISSP is required.
- Vendor specific certifications from Cisco, Microsoft or Dell are desired.
- Experience with Windows 7, 8, 10; Server 2010, 2013, 2016 and Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 required.
- Occasional off-hour/on-call support is necessary. A certain degree of flexibility of schedule is required as some work (planned/unplanned) must be done outside of major production hours during pre-scheduled maintenance windows.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision (i.e. self-motivated and willing to stretch to meet important deadlines).
- Knowledge of and implementation experience with security technologies and architecture, including encryption, network security, firewall configuration, intrusion detection, servers and workstations.
- Strong knowledge of client/server environments, group policies, domain services and networking.
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure implementation, administration and day-to-day monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Ability to convey risks and proposed mitigation strategies to technical and business audiences.
- Basic Linux experience along with orchestration/automation solution knowledge is a plus.