Pine Brook , NJ 07058 US
Location: Pine Brook, NJ
Softworld client is seeking a Systems Engineer to join their Guidance & Navigation Division in Pine Brook, NJ. As a Systems Engineer, you will be a key member of a technical team responsible for the system definition, design, integration and test of next generation inertial measurement and navigation products / solution for use in aircraft, UAV’s, missiles, land vehicles, and sea platforms. Their preference is for a candidate with a background with both algorithm and hardware development experience as well as the integration and test of advanced electronic equipment in a laboratory environment. Candidate must have a demonstrated ability to perform system development activities within a certified quality management environment and be able to comprehend and adhere to defined work procedures and instructions.
Capable of supporting the new product development processes and discipline across the company.
Consistent demonstration of initiative, resourcefulness, judgment, cooperation, and ability to communicate technical information.
Responsible for performance of assigned tasks within the defined project schedule and cost.
Capable to support senior project engineers and program managers in interfacing with both commercial and military customers in technical program definition and execution.
Possesses strong interpersonal, communications (written and verbal), and personal leadership abilities.
Capable of supporting new business pursuits and proposal preparation that addresses program technical requirements and associated schedule and costs commensurate with experience level.
Travel: ~15% for customer reviews and meetings
• Working knowledge of new product development processes gained through formal training or work experience.
• Working knowledge of inertial navigation and GPS functionality a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to be part of a team in the definition, implementation, and demonstration of a solution when presented with a problem or set of problems.
• Preferred experience in the integration and testing of a problem solution (hardware and/or software tests) which validates the system requirements in a lab and field environments.
• Capable of supporting Bid and Proposal efforts including Cost Estimating and Technical Writing commensurate with experience level.
• Ability to perform assigned tasks within the defined project schedule and cost.
• Drives for results, action oriented. Strong presentation skills
Education & Experience
• Bachelor Science/Engineering and/or Master of Science /Engineering in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or appropriate engineering discipline (based upon experience).
• 3 or more years’ experience in aerospace and/or defense systems engineering, integration, and test.
• Strong knowledge (proficiency preferred) in DOORS, C, C++, Matlab, Mathcad, Microsoft Office, Test and Lab Instrumentation Tool.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., Visa sponsorship is not available.