Softworld, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/62150/logos/softworldinc-hml.png http://www.softworldinc.com http://www.softworldinc.com true
Systems Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Engineer
Lexington, MA 02420 US
Posted: 03/09/2023 2023-03-09 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Contract Industry: Engineering Job Number: 240118
Position Scope/Job Functions
- Collaborate with an internal and external team to utilize, design, develop, assess, and refine models of system components. Models include sensors such as radar and electro-optical; trackers; decision support algorithms; pilot response; and vehicle dynamics. Simulation components are written primarily in Matlab, Simulink, and C/C++.
- Proactively investigate and implement process and architecture improvements to software and hardware infrastructure.
- Plan, execute, and report analysis deliverables to internal and external team, to include government sponsors.
- Proficient with Matlab and Simulink
- Experience specifying, developing, verifying, and validating models and simulations
- Familiarity with compiled programming languages such as C/C++, object oriented programming, and revision control (Git)
- Experience with simulation and statistical methods
- Experience developing, debugging, and executing software in a Windows and Linux environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and present findings to sponsors and external collaborators and to produce high quality written reports
- Simulation through parallel/cluster computing
- Experience with formal software development and VV&A processes, including for example CMMI, DoD VV&A
- Familiarity generating, debugging, and executing C/C++ and Java code from Matlab and Simulink
- Experience integrating legacy and new subsystems into Simulink
- Knowledge of aircraft dynamics, airspace/Air Traffic Control operations, and air traffic surveillance systems such as TCAS, ADS-B, and Airborne Radar
- Experience with surveillance tracking, such as Kalman filtering