Reston, VA 20190 US
Seeking an eDiscovery Technical Analyst to work on-site in support of the Civil Rights Division in Washington, DC. The selected individual must be able to work onsite at least 2 day a week in Washington, D.C - this is not a remote position.
The e-Discovery Technical Analyst is responsible for providing technical aspects and assisting with strategic and legal aspects for all assigned projects and matters involving electronic discovery.
To be successful in this role, the right candidate has a strong background and skill set in:
- PowerShell scripting
- Wirting scripts and pulling data with SQL
- Navigate IA pro, IAMS and reverse engineer out of those programs
- Reverse engineer blogs, URL, Images, etc.
- Consults with case manager / project manager to effectively develop and apply technical strategies, requirements and goals in order to develop and implement project plans, including data collection, processing, document production and trial.
- Providing input on technology options to respond to specific discovery needs including but not limited to recommendations for products to perform early case assessment, document search, and document reviews in the most efficient, timely, and cost effective manner.
- Participates in legal proceedings, i.E. 26(f) conferences,
- Ensures standard procedures for electronic discovery and litigation support projects are consistently applied across the life of the case.
- Creates statistical reports providing information on collection, filtering, processing, review and productions.
- Performs Relativity workflow tasks, including data management, processing, production and quality control;modifying workflows;training case team on Relativity.
- Creates Case Map / Text Map databases
- Stays abreast of emerging electronic discovery litigation support technology and processes.
- Maintains current knowledge of available software applications and in area(s) of expertise.
- Contributes to regular briefings on new technology and process improvements with regard to electronic discovery.
- Imports data in from IAPro, CAD and RMS databases
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) and 4+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience providing eDiscovery services and litigation support on complex and large cases involving complex eDiscovery challenges.
- Advanced knowledge of Relativity (front end and back end).
- Possess detailed planning and organizational skills and have a thorough understanding of processes at each stage of eDiscovery lifecycle.
- Candidate must possess solid, broad knowledge of Information Technology infrastructures including networks and other sources of data.
- Prior knowledge and experience managing eDiscovery projects and related technologies required.
- Advanced experience planning eDiscovery efforts.
- Proficiency in a wide range of technologies and be knowledgeable as to eDiscovery industry "best practices" including an understanding of multiple tools and processes associated with large scale complex eDiscovery response.
- Thorough understanding of IAPro, CAD and RMS databases.
- Must be able to reverse engineer, run queries, export data from IAPro, CAD, RMS databases and create landing pages.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Law degree, technical certification, or other pertinent graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Certification in eDiscovery program strongly preferred.