Technical Lead-IT Operations
Projected Description/Purpose of Role:
Softworld, Inc. client is seeking a Technical Lead for IT Operations & Support eager to lead a diverse set of disciplines and responsibilities from Production Support to Operations for a major Business Unit centered in Houston. The scope of responsibilities includes managing ongoing support operations, standardization of tools, managing platforms, upgrades, environment readiness, and improving overall production support and application performance. The candidate will have strong leadership skills along with a deep technical knowledge in the areas above and enjoy playing a hands-on role and diving deep into technical details when necessary.
In this role the candidate will focus on several key areas for multiple Business Units:
· Production Support. Provide leadership to an onshore/offshore software team focusing on the maintenance of a large suite of applications. The focus in this area is in managing multiple computing environments from non-production to production to DR. This includes the planning, analysis, implementation, and testing of environment changes as well as the isolation of application issues for later resolution by development teams. The software stack is primarily an ASP/.Net/C# environment. You will serve as a key resource for support and technical operations including project resources (partners, subcontractors or staff), risk management and resource management (internal and partners). You must be able to coordinate between a variety of technical and non-technical experts.
· IT Operations. In this role the candidate will manage hosting operations and implement technical changes as well. The entire computing platform resides in an private cloud environment and requires ongoing oversight and evolution. Work with other managers and engineers to develop improvement and expansion plans. Work hands-on to plan and implement these changes including creating new VMs, expand storage, coordinate with release teams and DBAs on new capabilities. Provide proactive production monitoring and corrective actions.
· APM Services. The Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Services represent a centralized capability where GBS and the GIO provide applications across the company with a common service for APM realization. Application of these tools for the Business Unit requires designing a solution, deploying agents, configuring the instrumentation scripts, and monitoring. This requires familiarity with a variety of monitoring solutions, both server and web applications (New Relic, AppDynamics, Dynatrace or similar).
· Solution Engineering and Technical Project Leadership. In this role, the candidate will be called upon to provide technical solutions in a variety of areas and manage those solutions to resolution. Examples of such needs include contributing to acquisition integrations, conducting platform upgrades or re-hosting, analyzing and driving cloud migration efforts, and conducing DR planning and testing.
· Relationship Management. In addition to providing the above technical leadership and contributions this role calls for extensive customer liaison activities. This will allow for the exercise of significant responsibility in shaping the plans, expectations, and deliverables between the Business Unit customer and GBS or GIO. As needs are identified they will be codified for fulfillment by the GBS engineering teams. Regular interface sessions with the customer development teams will maintain the broader relationship and help guide the specific work as detailed above.
The ideal candidate bridges development, operations, support, and customer relationship. This candidate feels comfortable in a development capacity and also understands the ITIL framework and its implementations. A strong interest in continuous improvement is required and an orientation towards a DevOps model of working is strongly desired.