Technical Security Engineer
Technical Security Engineer with Secret Department of Defense Clearance.
- Seeking a Technical Security Engineer to develop reliability, availability and maintainability metrics and measures for Cyber/IT/network systems.
- Working with other SMEs within the division, identify the hardware, software, virtual machines and applications that are critical to the operational mission and support a holistic approach to weapon systems performance by determining the interface and interdependencies each system may have on others.
- Develop meaningful metrics and measures for network monitoring, uptime/downtime and lifecycle management of the critical components of the systems.
- Recommend a product solution for system performance and failure reporting and demonstrate the product’ s effectiveness. Provide regular status reports/briefings and attend meetings as directed. Work with other SMEs within the division.
- 10+ years’ experience in supporting logistics and acquisitions, including at least 5 years supporting the DoD.
- Bachelor’ s degree in engineering, math or a related field. Relevant job experience should include familiarity with FMECA, FRACAS, FTA and RCM analyses as well as working knowledge of network operations, enterprise IT, and cybersecurity applications.
- Familiar with DoD 5000, DoD Product Support Manager Guidebook, Logistics Health Assessments (LHA), Product Support Business Case Analysis (PS-BCA) and Life Cycle Sustainment Plan (LCSP) processes.
- Experience with engineering practices, techniques, and standards and able to communicate with management, technical staff, and end users in a clear and professional manner with the ability to develop and present technical presentations.
Must have an interim Secret or active Secret Clearance to start at a minimum but can support a Top Secret Clearance if the candidate converts but Softworld will only hold a Secret Clearance if the candidate remains a contractor