Technician / Electronics
Pittsfield, MA | Contract
Our client in the Pittsfield, MA area, is looking for an Engineering Technician performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in developing process procedures, assembly instructions, process set-up, preventive maintenance and/or calibration tasks, as well as determining rework processes and quality testing or inspection related to the production of parts, components, sub-assembly's, and final assemblies.
• Performs a variety of operations to assemble precision electromechanical products
• Measures work piece with instruments such as electronic gauges and optical light, compares work piece dimensions with specifications to ascertain amount of stock to be removed and evaluates types of compounds, diamonds, and laps or material needed to achieve required specifications and set-up requirements
• Maintains equipment and immediate work area in clean and orderly condition
• Design and draw sketches for tooling and laps to complete task required
• Promote continuous product improvement by conceptualizing and implementing new procedures, processes or fixtures
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required. Active Security Clearance required at the time of hire.