Test Engineer - Instrument and Subsystem
Test Engineer – Instrument and Subsystem
- Planning and conducting the test and analysis of state-of-the-art inertial guidance and navigation instruments and subsystems.
- This will include the design, development and execution of tests and evaluations, as well as developing the appropriate test plans, procedures and SW reduction methodologies.
- The candidate will functionally work with other team members in the evaluation of components and subsystems comprised of HW and SW elements, breadboards, and brass boards to ensure their readiness for higher (next-level) system-level integration and test.
- Following the successful assembly and integration of constituent design elements, performance validation (tests, analyses, demonstrations) will be planned and executed to established schedules and budgets.
- Key job elements include problem identification and resolution, risk mitigation evaluations, and the identification of equipment/testing required to demonstrate system requirements and specifications have been satisfied.
- Plans, procedures and reports of results will be generated.
- Experience in any of the following areas would be a plus: signal processing, control theory, data acquisition and analysis, system error modeling and diagnostics, and inertial sensor modeling and test.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 3+ Years’ Experience
- BS in EE, ME, CS, Physics
- Prior experience in the assembly, integration and test of HW and SW elements, and electronics-based components and subassemblies (bread board/brass board HW, systems, test equipment).
- Experience in the documentation of related activities (plans, procedures, configuration, and results)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- The ability to document designs, simulations, and test results for distribution and presentation to a technical audience is desired.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and capable of working at a high technical level with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Simulink, Lab VIEW, or similar modeling tools is a plus.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.