Mountain View, CA
- Support physical and virtual Windows servers, storage devices, and Enterprise Active Directory in central data centers in a coordinated effort with the Linux Engineering, Network Engineering and PMO teams.
- Installation, test, operation, and maintenance of SOC development, staging and production systems in accordance with the system security plan (both hardware and software)
- Creation and maintenance of design, configuration and operations documentation
- Troubleshoot server, storage, and basic network issues and bring to resolution
- Maintain accountability of software and hardware licenses, maintenance records, and service agreements
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-4 years of directly related experience
- Strong technical knowledge of Windows operating systems and related services: AD, DNS, DHCP, SQL, IIS, File, Print, DFS backup solutions/services, Terminal services
- Experience installing, configuring, deploying, and maintaining physical and virtual servers running current versions of Windows Server in an enterprise environment
- Active Directory domain administration. (Basic AD Users & Computers)
- Experience supporting user endpoint/desktop Windows 10 environments
- Troubleshooting experience using the Event Log, Perfmon, Wireshark, and other common tools
- Basic knowledge of SharePoint site management
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time to other US based spaceagency centers
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. Active Secret clearance is highly desired.
- US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
- One of the following certifications is preferred:
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) IT Infrastructure
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2012/2016
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Server Infrastructure
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification is a plus.
- Experience with scripting (e.g. PowerShell, Perl, batch, etc.) is a plus.
- Linux/UNIX experience is a plus.
- Experience with domains where Linux servers authenticate to AD (secure LDAP) is a plus.
- Deployment and operation of BigFix management software is a plus.
- Shavlik experience is a plus
- Experience managing Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) service is a plus.
- Experience working within an enterprise level ticketing system such as ServiceNow or Jira (preferred)