Windows Migration Manager
Windows Migration Manager
Crystal City, VA
Secret or Top Secret Clearance
This position is for a Windows 10 Migration and HW Refresh Technical Lead with enterprise scale Windows 10 migration experience. The role involves leadership for the Windows 7 to Windows 10 migration and IT Device replacement effort for a USG agency. The Tech lead also ensures end users getting a new laptop and a validated Windows 10 baseline image (overlaid with Office 365) receive the required advanced communication and technical support to facilitate a positive upgrade experience.
Work will be performed out of the client’ s facilities in Arlington, VA and Washington DC.
Required skills/Level of Experience:
Position requires 8+ years of experience with the following:
- Experience with Windows migrations in large enterprise, including user data preservation
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory design/architecture, replication in multi-domains, GPO implementation, STIG settings (file/print servers, DNS, Domain Controllers and Application servers), and Azure AD.
- Manage the build, maintenance and support base image for workstations including OS, drivers and software packages.
- Serve as the escalation point for Managed Workstation issues and/or end user tickets
- Monitor and utilize the service desk ticketing system to resolve client issues in a timely manner
- Identify trends in reoccurring tickets and focus on resolving globally. Target automated or scripted fixes.
- Create and maintain processes and documents pertaining to the managed workstation environment
- Lead packages through the Software Introduction Process, ensure standard processes are followed and documented, and troubleshoot issues with the packaging process
- Assist Managed Workstation Engineers as time allows for improvements to the workstation base image
- Recommend and provide tools to support the managed environment for tier two support personnel and software repackaging/sequencing
- Responsible for timely resolution of assigned incident and change tickets within established SLAs
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met
- Keep IMAC Sheets updated when adding and removing devices
- Travel to 6 Washington DC sites as necessary
- Use Service Now call reporting tool to work service tickets
- Assist planning, training, communications and end user support
Position requires 2-3 years of experience with the following:
- Experience with Windows 10 configuration and deployment in a large enterprise
- Experience with Office 365 on Azure Cloud
- Experience with McAfee and BitLocker encryption.
- Experience with Edge, IE11, and Chrome web browsers
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit
- 3+ years of experience in a managed workstation engineer or similar role. Strong technical understanding of hardware, drivers, Microsoft OS, software products and the software repackaging/sequencing process.
- Experience developing test plans, requirements traceability matrix and test reports
- Experience reviewing requirements and developing test cases to validate the requirements
- Develop and implement quality control methodologies to ensure that all system applications and products meet organization standards and business requirements/use cases
- Develop and implement software quality assurance tests to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects
- Document and report progress to project manager and stake holders
- Experience in analyzing, identifying, prioritizing, and managing software defects, and effectively working with developers in fixing, verifying, validating and closing defects
- May interact with the gov't customer and senior government leadership leaders at the highest levels, prefer those who have experience and skills in this area
- Strong Active Directory Experience (AD)
- Strong Group Policy (GPO)